Fume hood Airbender
Inotek Solutions Airbender fume hoods for general use can be used universally in the laboratory. A laboratory fume hood is a type of ventilation system that primarily functions to provide personnel protection against toxic fumes, vapors and dust. Its secondary function includes protection against chemical spills, runaway reactions and fires by acting as a physical barrier.
INOTEK Solutions Fume Hoods is designed to handle very concentrated acids at high temperatures.
Properties and benefits.
- EN 14175 compliance assures maximum operator safety.
- Low operating costs due to low airflow
- Extra large interior depth due to special worktop shape
- Dual-wall construction for maximum robustness with still ram.
- Exterior walls are made of epoxy resistant paint
- U-PVC internal chamber constructed of unplasticised polyvinylchloride
- Chain and Sprocket Sash support system. Electronic controlled via touch screen
- Hood lighting is pre-wired. Lighting 12 V 55 W or LED 12 V 7,5 W is electronically ballasted, energy efficient, instant start. Electronic control of intense of the light from 0 to 100 %
- Working surface is made from ceramics
- U-PVC internal work zone allows for easy cleaning of all surfaces.
- Removable baffle system allows for thorough cleaning inside the hood.
- Chain and sprocket system requires minimal service.
- Internal accesses panels are on front panels facilitate access to plumbing connections for service especially when hoods are installed next to each other.
- Shaping vanes increase airflow "sweep" at the critical area at the sidewall to improve containment, especially when laboratory personnel walk fast in front of the hood.
- Sash is made from polycarbonate to prevent hydrofluoric acid fume etching.
- Sash stop limits sash movement beyond 457mm (18.0"), 'encouraging' user to work at safe positions.
- When sash is raised above 457mm (18.0"), it will automatically and gently fall back to the safe level unless held in place. This allows the sash to be raised temporarily to the full open position for set up of equipment and apparatus in hood, while enforcing regular operation of the hood with lowered sash.
- The sash is driven by 12 V DC motor controlled by SPS Software and it allows safe operation. Movement of the sash is limited by built sensors whose function is to stop sash on the obstacles even if they are transparent. Also the software permits the laboratory manager or safety officer to restrict operations at sash openings above 457 mm (18.0").
- Sash key lock allows laboratory manager to restrict access to the fume hood.
- The sash can also be locked down in the fully closed position with the key, in the event of a fume hood fault, facility shutdown, or, simply to restrict access to equipment set up in the hood.
- Hot zone baffle system rapidly draws contaminants out of the fume hood work zone in a single pass displacement of air. With this feature, Thermal Heat Relief is quickly achieved.
- Aerodynamic foil entry provides maximum airflow to "sweep" the critical boundary layer near the work surface level to reduce turbulence and eliminate backflow.
- Ergonomic sash handle gently directs air into the hood without sacrificing visibility.